After a career spanning over 25 years with one of Australia’s big four banks, Brett moved to Asia joining ipac Singapore as a Senior Vice President in August 2005. Brett spent 8 years in Singapore and Hong Kong providing high level financial planning, strategy, risk, superannuation, CPF (Singapore), MPF (HK) and investment advice to expatriates based in Singapore, Hong Kong and the Asian region.
In Singapore Brett was and still is an active member of Keppel Golf Club and the Singapore Cricket Club. Brett also enjoyed a media presence whilst in Singapore and was frequently interviewed by both local and international media on various topics pertaining to financial planning and wealth management. Brett also also ran popular “Migrate to Australia” seminars, contributed to lifestyle and trade publications such as Asian Golf Monthly and the Asian Financial Planning Journal.
Joined Ord Minnett in 2012 and established the SIV Ord Minnett Investment Service. Licensed to provide advice in both Australia and Hong Kong.
Areas of Expertise
Investment Adviser to High Net Worth families from across the world, assisting them to grow and protect their wealth by diversifying their investments into developed well-regulated markets.
Industry leading expert for Australia’s Significant Investor Visa (SIV), offering:
- Access to compliant SIV Investment Solutions.
- Diversified Investment approach to suit client’s risk profile and circumstances.
- Safe investments with the protection of capital being of paramount importance.
- Research driven, proactively managed investment process (rather than set and forget).
- Flexible and liquid: Ability to redeem and move between asset classes and investments when appropriate.
- Competitive fee structure and no exit fees.
- SAFE Investment Portfolios. Independent from product issuers.
The Ord Minnett SIV Investment Service is a major provider of SIV Investment advice and has been since the visa category started in 2012. We launched our new SIV2 compliant portfolios (post 1 July 2015 SIV CI framework) on the 1st of July 2015. These portfolios include the required investment into Venture Capital / Private Equity, Emerging Companies and Balancing Investments.
Brett, consults out of the Ord Minnett, Hong Kong office on a regular basis. As required by Australian regulations, all SIV related investment advice and investments will be made under Ord Minnett’s, Australian Financial Services Licence (AFS).